2012 Candidate Filing
Welcome to the King County Elections online candidate filing.
Online candidate filing is available le 24 hours a day starting at 9 a.m., Monday May 14, 2012, and ending at 4 p.m. Friday, May 18, 2012.
Any filings started before 4 p.m. on the last day of filing must be completed by 4:30 p.m. to be
Please review the
2012 Candidate Manual before you file for office.
Your online candidate filing session will time out after 30 minutes of inactivity.
If you lack sufficient funds to pay the filing fee and are submitting a filing
fee petition in lieu of the filing fee, you must file in person at King County
- Before you file for office, you will need to::
- Verify that you are a registered voter in the district for which you want to file. The following offices must file with the Secretary of State’s Office:
- US Senator
- US Representative
- State Offices
- State Supreme Court
- State Senators and Representatives for Legislative Districts 1, 30, 31, 32, and 39
- Verify that your voter registration is up to date. You can verify your voter registration online at www.sos.wa.gov/elections/
- •o If your registration information needs to be updated, call our office before filing at 206-296-1565 and press 5.
To file for office, you must be a registered King County voter in the district
for which you are filing.
Important information you'll need to file online:
Registered first and last name
Registered date of birth
Campaign contact information (if any)
If there is a filing fee, a valid credit card or checking account number
The candidate filing fee is not refundable (RCW 29A.24.131).
Knowingly providing false information on a declaration of candidacy is a class
C felony (RCW
requires that the payer, not the county, bear the cost of processing online
candidate filing. King County does not receive any part of the convenience fee.
Online voter registration processing procedures and workload of the
elections administrators in King County Elections can affect the time it takes
for online voter registrations to become active. If you have any questions
regarding voter registration or address changes please contact our office at
(206) 296-1565 and press 5.