King County Green Building Case Studies
LEED Success Story
The Kent Pullen Regional Communications Center was King County's first registered LEED project.
- Atlantic/Central Base Demolition Case Study (PDF, 103 K)
A construction waste management case study examining the recycling and reuse strategies Transit used to achieve an 84% recycling rate in the demolition of two city blocks prior to construction of the expanded Atlantic/Central Base project.
- Kent Pullen Regional Communications and Emergency Coordination Center (PDF, 892 K)
This case study describes the green building accomplishments on King County's first registered LEED® project. The building achieved a LEED Certified rating.
- King Street Center Case Study (PDF, external)
This case study describes features under each LEED category. The building has a LEED EB Gold rating.
- King Street Center Virtual Tour
This visual tour of the King Street Center, highlights the sustainable building features including the rainwater reclaimation system, recycled content materials, and energy-efficient lighting.
- Green Roof Feasibility Review (PDF, 699 K)
This study examines the feasibility of constructing a green roof on the new office building planned for the county. It includes information about green roofs in general, as well as local examples of green roofs installed on municipal buildings.
- King County Green Roof Case Study Report (PDF, 1 MB)
This study examines several green roofs that have been installed. It includes information on installation, plant selection and maintenance issues.
top of page