King County’s ‘Repair Time’ groups and events
Upcoming repair events:
- Sat. Aug. 20, 10am-5pm, Marymoor Park, Redmond
- Sat. Sept. 10, 10am-1pm, Steve Cox Memorial Park, White Center
- Mon. Sept. 26, 3-6:30pm, Federal Way City Hall
Tues. Oct. 4, 3-6pm, Kent Senior Activity Center
- Mon. Oct. 10, 3-6pm, Bellevue Botanical Garden
The King County EcoConsumer public outreach program has launched repair groups and events in King County, where people can bring small household items and clothing. Our experienced all-purpose fixers and sewing fixers will work on them, and can help you learn repair too.
Each repair event or group will operate differently, based on the needs of the local community. They might meet only once or twice, or continue meeting every two or three months.
At all of these events, people can bring in household items including small furniture, small appliances, personal electronics and clothing. Our overall success rate at these events for repairing items or helpfully diagnosing the problem (you may need to get a new part, for example) has generally been 70 percent or higher, although some electronics may be difficult to fix.
Contact Tom Watson at 206-477-4481 if you have any questions about these events. Also contact Tom to let us know in advance what items you are planning to bring, which is helpful to the fixers.
Past repair events in 2016:
- Feb. 25, Kent Senior Activity Center
- March 14, Federal Way City Hall
- April 2, Renton Community Center
- April 7, Kent Senior Activity Center
- April 26, Seola Gardens Community Center, White Center
- May 24, Federal Way City Hall
- June 11, Seola Gardens Community Center, White Center
- June 15, Kent Senior Activity Center
- July 12, Renton Farmers Market, downtown Renton
- Aug. 13, Valley Ridge Park, SeaTac
top of page