The Department of Development and Environmental Services' Web site makes use of Adobe Acrobat products to accelerate the production of existing documents into formats accessible by Web browsers (for troubleshooting tips, please see below).
To view a .pdf file, you first must have Adobe Acrobat Reader (the free plug-in software distributed by Adobe which lets you view .pdf files) installed on your computer. You can obtain a copy of Adobe Acrobat Reader by visiting Adobe's Web site and following the instructions.
WORD, EXCEL OR OTHER FORMATS
Documents identified as Word, Excel or other files require corresponding software (Microsoft Word for Word files, Microsoft Excel for Excel files, etc.) already installed in order to access them. These formats are made available for customers' ease of use as Word documents may have fill-in fields so users can complete them on their computer rather than by hand, or an Excel spreadsheet may include formulas that automatically calculate columns.
Instructions for using fill-in Word forms
- Download the fill-in Word form (see troubleshooting for assistance on saving a file locally).
- Using Microsoft Word 97 or a newer version of Word, enter information in the shaded "fields" of the form.
- Use a mouse or the Tab key to move from field to field.
- Use a mouse or the spacebar to mark and unmark a checkbox.
- Note that text will be cut off if the size of a fill-in area is exceeded.
Remember, the time it takes to open a file varies depending on the size of the file and your Internet connection speed. Allow sufficient time for the file to load.
If a .pdf file, Word document, Excel spreadsheet or file in another format does not seem to be working correctly:
If the troubleshooting tips do not work or you have questions, please e-mail DDESWebInquiries@kingcounty.gov with detailed information about the problem you are having. We will respond as quickly as possible.